As each new year comes up to play most of us have one common goal for the upcoming year. That is to lose weight. But we don't know how to start. Or we fail within a few days or weeks. Things come up and its just to hard to pay attention.
Well I myself am hoping to lose weight in 2013. Like 90lbs worth of weight lol. That is almost 2lbs per week for the whole year. Talk about a crazy goal lol and I thought my 100 books read in a year was going to be my hardest goal this year.
In order to help me do this insane stunt of exercise and eat right I enlisted in a few websites. Most of which have apps on my phone that make tracking and logging easy.
FitBit is another site that syncs to multiple devices you can buy. The devices are pretty expensive for my budget. (I can't afford $60 trackers and $130 scales) Fitbit does have a space to add friends, join communities, and have discussion groups. The Premium version gives you extra reports, gives you a personalized training schedule and lets you rank against your peers. This does sync also with MyFitnessPal.com account. (Iphone App)
Runtastic has a basic and Gold membership. Gold offers you the ability to compare with friends, discounts on training plans, reports, and other workout things. Runtastic is more of a tracking your workout and tracking your running/walking type thing. You can buy a runtastic watch that you can sync with this account. Also your MyFitnessPals.com account does link to this one. (Iphone App. Free and Pro versions)
Most of the pictures if you click on them will take you to MY personal account/profile on each site. We can link of up and be friends. On those I couldn't link to my profile it just takes you to the site. Here is a small list of other places I am at:
- Nike+: http://nikeplus.nike.com/plus/profile/DarkenScorpio/
- DailyMile: http://www.dailymile.com/people/gracie_t_frankl#ref=tophd
- RunningFreeOnline: http://www.runningfreeonline.com/Profile/UserName/DarkenScorpio
- TrainingPeaks: http://www.trainingpeaks.com/ui/public/profile.aspx?p=DarkenScorpio
- Tribesports: http://tribesports.com/users/darkenscorpio
- Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/darkenscorpio
- Strava: http://app.strava.com/athletes/1546333
- RunKeeper: http://runkeeper.com/user/DarkenScorpio/profile
Along with online sites and profiles I have a ton of Fitness Iphone apps as well
- Virtual Trainer
- Nexercise (This one lets you connect with friends so let me know if you get it)
- Fitness Tips
- Pedometer Ultimate
- DB Tracker
- Runner Lounge (Not liking this one very much)
- GymPact (This one lets you earn money by going to the gym)
- Ideal Weight
- Race Me
Hopefully you will be able to find one of these or a couple of these helpful in your fitness goal too. Remember losing weight is a combination of eating healthy and exercise.
My Goal : I want to lose 90lbs by Dec 31st.
What is your goal for 2013?